Monday, April 21, 2008

The end of ski season is always a little sad, but yesterday's closing day at Breckenridge was really great. The antelope were out in numbers in South Park, and I saw a fox practically in the parking lot at the ski area. There was a lot of snow for this being the end of the season, and I was a little sorry I got there as early as I did, because in the warmer weather, it needs a little time to soften up after the freeze / thaw cycle. Coming home to 75 degree weather was nice, but it was a little weird to change into shorts! The view from the top of Wilkerson Pass of the west side of Pikes Peak is always a tempting photo, so here it is again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rick,

First off, I truly enjoy reading your Blog from time to time. I am a military spouse relocating to Colorado Springs this summer and reading this just makes me that more excited about our new area.

Second, I wonder if you are aware of the new policy for enrollment in the District 20. (See District 20 website, enrollment page .. purple highlighted area.)

I understand the need to manage and balance classroom sizes but who ever thought you would have to check with the District before buying a home? What is especially upsetting to me is how this may affect property values .. just because you buy in a better part of D20 doesn’t guarantee you or your buyers will be allowed to attend the neighborhood school.

This came as a huge shock to me and I hope the District will have to employ this policy for a minimal amount of time. Anyway .. would love your thoughts ...you seem very involved in the community.

All the best,
Diane