Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today is graduation day at the Air Force Academy. Hopefully the skies will clear (it was raining finally this morning!), or the Thunderbirds may not be able to do their thing. I included the link so you can enjoy some of what they offer, even though I probably won't be getting any photos today. With President Bush delivering the commencement address, it would be a shame if they could not fly.
This week also is approximately the 1 year anniversary of this blog, and I was surprised to see how many postings there were (170 or so?) To celebrate, I added a new link on this site to a Google Docs spreadsheet that I think many will find useful. It is a spread sheet and collection of charts that show trends in Colorado Springs home sales data. The data is derived from the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors web site, but includes some additional calculations and statistics. There is a little bug in the software, so the charts are reading right to left instead of left to right, but this should be pretty current all the time, and the data portion works well. With luck Google may get the left to right thing going too! This a permanent link on the menu on the right side of the blog. I'll continue to discuss monthly statistics on the blog, but I think this will be a nice addition to help put things in perspective.
One thing that I noticed on the Months Supply trend, is that while we are doing better than the nation as a whole (8 months supply vs 10.5 months for the rest of the country), we are a long way from the good old days of the summer of 2005, when it was only 3 months! Thankfully, prices have not moved too much, and once we get out of these doldrums, I think will recover fine.

No comments: