Saturday, June 16, 2007

Golfing in Colorado is sort of a unique experience. Today we got a late start on the season, with a little warmup on the par 3 course at Cherokee Ridge Golf Course (http://www.cherokeeridgegolfcourse.com/), and it reminded me of a couple of things. For starters, there is a reason many golf courses offer afternoon specials (although not this one). The thunderstorms were brewing by 3pm today to the west, though we were never in any real hurry because of it. The second thing is, that although the ball flies further at altitude, I think the golfer tends to tire out a bit quicker, especially when walking. At least I do, although I will readily confess to being less than 100% fit. The third thing is, no matter how bad you golf, being outside with a great view of the mountains and some blue sky and fresh air in your face is always a good thing. Holly and I had lots of fun, and after a few shots that I liked out of the afternoon, I'll want to get back out sooner as opposed to later!

No comments: