Saturday, June 09, 2007

Wow is GoogleEarth is a cool program! I have some clients who have been very concerned about what altitude houses are at. Up to this point, we really have been guessing (and not far off I might add), but when I was checking out the terrain of one of the houses they were interested in, I discovered that GoogleEarth gives an exact reading of altitude of whatever you are looking at. I always knew that although the "official" altitude of Colorado Springs was 6035 ft, there is lots of variation to that. After a little browsing, I determined that our RE/MAX Properties office in Briargate is at 6500 ft, and my own home is 6932 ft. New Life Church, a prominent landmark in Northgate is 6756 ft. Fox Run Park? 7200 to 7400 ft. It is also really fun to "fly around" and change the angle of view, zoom levels, view different highlighted features, etc. The maps are not 100% current, but it is the closest thing to helicopter tour of the area on a computer I've ever seen! Download a free copy at http://earth.google.com/, it's really fun!

No comments: