Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The brand new Starbucks at Union and Briargate has to be the best Starbucks in all of Colorado Springs (I should know, I think I have visited them all ... :-) I love the large patio that looks out over the 100 acre park and up at Pikes Peak, give it 5 stars for view and setting. I know it is probably not as busy as it will get, but it also feels very unhurried and peaceful, which is how I like to enjoy my coffee, and best of all, it is walking distance to our house! This is the 3rd store to open in a 1 mile radius in the last month, the other 2 being the ones in the new King Soopers (in basically the same location) and the one in Target at Union and Powers. All these in addition to Albertson's at Research and Union! While grocery store versions get you the coffee and even give you a place to sit and drink, it isn't quite the same.
The Parade of Homes is in full swing at the moment. I hate to say it, but it seems like no one even notices anymore. Years ago, this was a big event, but it just doesn't have the buzz it used to. Too many homes, too many locations, and sometimes it feels like they are charging money to visit the same model parks that were free the month before. They always have something interesting however, and there are 16 homes over a million this year (a total of 46 homes!).
Here is the link Colorado Springs Parade of Homes Site

No comments: