Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter usually marks the beginning of Spring in my mind. Since Daylight Savings, Easter, and the Vernal Equinox all came in the same week this year, I guess we have to believe it is really here, but the yesterday the weather was a little confusing, although a bit typical of Colorado Springs this time of year. We headed to church with a fresh blanket of snow, and a coating of ice on the roads, but today is supposed to back into the 60's. It is so much easier to look at houses, and even to list them, when the snow is gone!
We sometimes joke about "For Sale" signs sprouting with the crocuses, or daffodils, or tulips, depending on the year. This year, I can't say I've seen any flowers sprouting up yet, but the inventory of unsold homes is starting to grow. At 5882 homes for sale as of today, 3-24-08, I am guessing we will break the 6,000 homes mark this week. Nationally, the National Association of REALTORS says that sales of existing homes actually increased in February, and while that did not happen here, I believe it will. With these great interest rates and increasing rents, people have to live somewhere!

No comments: