Wednesday, March 19, 2008


While I was skiing yesterday, the Federal Reserve dropped interest rates again. This sure can't hurt. I'd like to think that we are finally where we need to be on such things, but I kind of doubt it. What would help OUR industry is a stable period of mortgage rates in the mid 5's, but they never ask me :-)

The snow was great at Breckenridge. Spring break is starting across the country, and it was busy, with people from about everywhere you can think of. Here in Colorado Springs, spring breaks are staggered a bit, and while CSU is out this week, D20 and Pikes Peak Community College have theirs next week. There was almost 2 feet of new snow in the last week, including 5 inches the night before, so it was great. I really needed the break, I think I had not had a real day off in 2 or 3 weeks. The season only has 1 month left, and this is often my favorite month to ski. We get the most snow in March and April usually, and the temperatures are more comfortable, which makes it twice as good. Spring skiing in the sunshine is a beautiful thing! This week the Colorado legislature decided to make skiing and snowboarding the official sports of the state of Colorado (as if they weren't already without them talking about it), so what better excuse to go could I have?
The photo above was taken last year at Copper Mountain when my brother (on the right) and his family came out for ski vacation.

No comments: