Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Downtown Colorado Springs is not huge, but I thought it was extra pretty this morning from the overlook at Palmer Park, so I thought I would share the experience. Now I am not a big "get up with the sunrise" kind of guy, but my mother-in-law needed a ride to dialysis this morning, so I thought I would make the most of it. I'll share more of these over the next couple of weeks. The air was cool (52!) and clear, so I got a bunch of shots.
Palmer Park is a very popular mountain biking, hiking and overall "enjoy the outdoors" kind of park, right in the middle of town. For dog lovers, there is an off leash area too, and there are several more traditional park "developed areas". It includes a large area of bluffs (known as "Austin's Bluffs" at one time, hence the name for one of our major streets), canyons, and great views. Because of the high ground and central location, it makes an ideal overlook to the whole region, and there are enough trails to wear you out. I stuck to taking pictures today!

No comments: