Tuesday, November 18, 2008

After living here in Colorado Springs for 17 years, I didn't think there were a lot of things I did not know about our town, but I discovered one this week at the old St Francis Hospital on Pikes Peak Ave, just east of the downtown, west of Memorial Park. My mother-in-law is staying there for a while for recovery from surgery and other maladies, in the Select Long Term Care Hospital. What I discovered was a cafeteria with what I think is the best view of the city I have seen, at least for a place that serves lunch. Gazette employees have known about if for years, and even get a discount. The food is inexpensive, though not terribly healthy, but the view is why you go there, if you aren't visiting relatives in the hospital!
Can you believe gas was $1.65 this morning! I don't think it has been that low for years. I am not a conspiracy theorist as a rule, but the run up this summer, just before the election, really makes me wonder, who might have wanted to manipulate the oil market to such an extent? It is hard for me to believe that simple supply and demand are causing these kinds of swings.
Mortgage interest rates were down this morning, a pleasant side effect of more turmoil on Wall Street. With no points, 6 3/8%, lower with discount points. It seems like a reasonable place to be right now with the economy where it is. Lower would be even better!
I hate to keep repeating myself about the weather, but wow what a nice day, supposedly tying a record high of 73 degrees for November 18. It could just as easily be 23, and snowing at that!

No comments: