Thursday, September 20, 2007

Boreas Pass Fall 2005 I have to confess that sometimes I read what is going on the rest of the country, and get a little confused. Today I saw that the government is considering "temporarily" allowing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (quasi governmental investment in mortgage loans) to increase their loan limits over the current $417,000 to allow more purchases and refinances in the higher price ranges. Keep in mind, that is the loan limit, which is the equivalent of a $521,000 purchase with 20% down. I guess I am just so used to living in a market that has SO much choice in the ranges below that, I forget how many people in this country live in places like the Bay Area, where this is considered "affordable" housing. As an FYI, I just did a quick check, and at least here, 85% of the inventory of homes for sale are below that $521,000 mark, almost 6000 homes.

This mornings paper mentioned fall colors are starting even on Pike Peak. I love the fall, and the colors are really pretty here against our blue skies. This web site is from last year (and is not mine), but I thought some of you might enjoy what is here: http://www.autumn-pictures.com/

Last fall here in the Springs, we had an incredible early snow storm in late October, this picture in my front yard was a bit different look than the one at top, taken in the first week of October of 2005 on Boreas Pass Road near Breckenridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to my autumn web site. I lived in Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs from 1997-2005, by the way. I'm now here in Buena Vista and do my best to pack that site with autumn colors every year. Sadly, pretty much all of the leaves on trees are down today on October 24.

Thanks again for the link!

-Steve