Friday, September 21, 2007

I like to walk in the morning after I take care of the first hour or 2 of business. It's good for me, and I get to see the beauty of my surroundings for a little bit at the same time, not a bad deal. I never bring a camera (or cell phone for that matter!), but this morning I just had to snap a couple of pictures at nearby Stone Park (next to the Briargate YMCA) to share the moment. In addition to the neighboring YMCA, Starbucks is a short block, the skate park is quite popular, and the fields and shelter always seem to get used. This is practically right across the street from the new Memorial Hospital, which should have the same views (or even better from 6 floors up!) The panorama is really a bit special, as you can see about a 40 mile section from south of Pikes Peak to Monument.
The weather has been warm (80's) and dry, but it was a bit breezy today, and they say we'll get back to a more normal pattern in a couple of days (60's and 70's is really more typical for the beginning of fall).

No comments: