Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last night was the our "family meeting" at New Life Church, in the wake of the shootings on December 9. I have to say, I was proud of our church family. Despite the shock and grief that goes with such tragedy, the room was filled with people, hope, and courage. Pastor Brady Boyd summed it all up with his statement that "we will not be governed by fear", and his reading of Psalm 27:1-6 was so appropriate, I am including it here:

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me
to devour my flesh, [fn1]
when my enemies and my foes attack me,
they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then will I be confident.

4 One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.


We deliberately chose the east entrance of the church, where the shootings took place, to enter the church. This was in part because that is my most frequent area to park anyway, but last night it was also to confront the situation. The staff had done a marvelous job of repairs, and other than some new glass that still was taped off, you'd never know it had happened.

Todays photo is of a new listing that I took in Briargate this week. It is a great house with over 4,000 sf, central air, stucco, a view, and only $340,000, and while normally I don't post every house I list on this space (should I?), I thought some of you might be interested in this one. Click Here for Details on this house We also have a Visual Tour for this one that shows off the interior pretty well: Click Here for the Visual Tour See the remnants of our snow from the weekend? It's already melted off quite a it, but it makes for a nice Christmas feel to things!

No comments: