Friday, November 02, 2007

Pikes Peak Oct 18 07 from Frick Park in Briargate
Frontier Airlines is coming to the Springs! Ever since Western Pacific folded almost 10 years ago, Frontier had kind of taken their place, only they were based in Denver with no connector service. Apparently they have decided to have a maintenance hangar here (along with 200 - 350 jobs), and will add connector flights to Denver, making air service even better.
There are several things I've always enjoyed about Frontier.
1. Pretty much every route they fly out of Denver is a non-stop to where you want to go
2. Their normal fares are reasonable, and their weekend specials are great
3. Their frequent flier program only takes 15000 miles for a free ticket
4. They don't take themselves too seriously. The art on the planes says it all with the cool animals
Keystone and Copper Mountain announced their season openings today. Don't get me wrong, I love it when they open early, but I've also seen what these early season conditions look like, and right now I am waiting for some real snow (they've had none this week) before I scratch up the bottoms of my skis. Season pass sales are almost over, don't wait any longer if you want one. I went with the Vail Resorts Colorado Pass this year, but there are so many great resorts here, it is sometimes hard to choose!

No comments: