Thursday, November 08, 2007


OK, I turned my sprinklers back on. I didn't really want to, but since it isn't even freezing at night right now and the next moisture isn't until next week, I thought I would take advantage for another couple of days. Most people don't realize that we are really a semi-arid climate here, with less than 16 inches of precipitation a year, and we often need extra water in the fall. This fall is turning out even warmer and drier than normal, it will be 70+ again today. The good news is that is it will be 70+ again today, a great day to enjoy an outdoor lunch!
Today's photo of Pikes Peak was taken in June from Wilkerson Pass of the west side, sometimes called the "back side" of Pikes Peak. Many people never go west on Hwy 24 to enjoy "the good stuff" that Colorado has to offer, this just one example, a one hour drive from downtown Colorado Springs.

No comments: